In 2017, the search engines started preferring SSL secured sites. A normal site is http:// and SSL secured site is https://. SSL is a secure socket layer, used to secure passwords, credits cards and other information on your site. There are many SSL providers but it is not affordable for a common man to buy it for his site. GoDaddy offers a single site domain validation SSL for $69, which is too much expensive. Today, I will tell you the whole procedure How you can get free SSL for all of your website.
How to get Free SSL for all of your Websites
- Copy this link https://www.sslforfree.com/ and open it.
- Type your website’s address in the text box and click on Create Free SSL Certificate.
- Then select the verification method, I prefer you to select Manual Verification.
- Then download file 1 and file 2.
- Now you have to upload those files in your Public directory.
- First of all create a folder acme-challenge in your public directory.
- Now upload those files in acme-challenge.
- After uploading those files you can follow the step 5 of the screenshot, to verify your domains.
- If the verification is successful, then click on Download SSL Certificate, otherwise check that you have followed the steps properly or not.
- Now you have to install that certificate on your website, for that purpose click on SSL/TLS from your Cpanel.
- Now Click on Manage SSL sites.
- Here you have to select the domain for which you generated the certificate and then paste CRT, KEY and CABUNDLE.
- Once done, click on install certificate.
- Now check your site by using https instead of http, for example https://yoursite.com.
This SSL certificate is provided by Letsencrypt.org. The certificate will be valid for 90 days, you can re issue the certificate by following the same procedure. There are no limits to install SSL certificates, you can issue multiple certificate for any of your websites and sub-domains.