Renowned Swedish DJ Tim Bergling who is known as Avicii, who was amomg one of the world’s biggest dance music stars, dies of at the age of 28 in Oman.
DJ Avicii’s club anthems include Levels,Wake Me Up and Lonely Together with Rita Ora.
Avicii representative said in a statement: “It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.
“The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time.”
However the reason of Avicii’s death is not announced yet and his representative said there would be no further statements.
Disk Jockey Avicii, who earned $250,000 a night on tour was having severe health issues in past. Avicii announced his partial retirement from touring in 2016.
“I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist,” Avicii said at the time of his partial retirement.
Who was Avicii?
- Avicii was one of the biggest star of dance music from the last 10 years, he had a catalog full of house smashes, uplifting and pimping.
- He started his professional career in 2008 when he won Pete Tong’s production competition.
- Avicii grabbed 11 billion streams on Spotify.
- He was the first DJ to have worldwide arena tour.
- Avicii was nominated for two Grammy Awards.
- He suffered from severe health issues among acute pancreatitis due to excessive consumption of liquor.
Condolences on Avicii’s Death
So Sad……. So Tragic. Good Bye Dear Sweet Tim. ? Gone too Soon. pic.twitter.com/l7FDKCu6K4
— Madonna (@Madonna) April 20, 2018
Devastating news about Avicii, a beautiful soul, passionate and extremely talented with so much more to do. My heart goes out to his family. God bless you Tim x
— Calvin Harris (@CalvinHarris) April 20, 2018
Oh my god truly devastated for Avicii very very sad news way to young … what a talent he was. rest in peace x
— Liam (@LiamPayne) April 20, 2018